Tuesday, February 9, 2010

336 Miles of Love



Many of you know me as Greg Halpen, dating expert for single gay men and as The Gay Guy's Love Coach from www.TheGayGuysLoveCoach.com.

Well, it's time to come clean.

It's time to stop hiding behind my own status and initiate some change in the world of HIV and AIDS.

For me the first step is towards a 336 mile walk/run.

You see, on June 22nd (my mother's birthday) I am running/walking 336 miles, from Syracuse, NY to Central Park, NYC in light of creating powerful awareness around HIV/AIDS, by letting people know they don't have to hide their HIV status.

Three of my goals are:

1) To help shed any social stigmas around HIV,

2) Create social unity one person at a time.

3) Raise funds for a Syracuse organization called Aids Community Resources.


HIV is something that lives close to my heart. I've been positive for almost 13 years and I can honestly say, that those years have been a process of profound grieving and acceptance.

And why on my mom's birthday? well, my mom was accepting of me from day one of me coming out both as gay and as being HIV positive. She is one of the most resourceful and talented people I know and I am proud to be like her!

This is the site where I will document all of the progress. From my 4.5 month training to the actual event on June 22nd (through however many days it will take me to get there)

Eventually, I will post a link to where you can donate money towards this event.

Thank you for reading!

Love,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment